TX Weekly is back again this week, presenting you with a digest of trending news, 411s, scoops, deets and all the other what haves about music’s finest celebrities in our ever blossoming entertainment industry.
Be sure to keep visiting tooXclusive.com for MUSIC and more!
- Music superstar Wizkid is finally set to release his long-awaited sophomore album titled Ayo (Joy).
The album as Starboy revealed in a recent interview, will be his last under the EME record label. Though there is no official release date yet, the supposed 18-track album will include collaborations with both Nigerian and international artistes the likes of Femi Kuti, Phyno, Wale, Tyga, Akon amongst others. (Read full story HERE)
- Ace producer and Mavin boss Michael Collins aka Don Jazzy, has shut down rumours of his supposed death in a fatal car crash during the week.
Don Jazzy took to social media to douse rumours of his supposed “death” with the post:
He later tweeted debunking the vile claims:
- Contrary to rumours that went viral awhile back about a crack between talented and multiple award winning music duo P-Square, the brothers are set to release their 6th album come 12th of September.
At a recent radio interview, the brothers surprised everyone when they revealed that they haven’t been staying with their wives. No doubt causing some sort of uproar among fans, another source has however revealed that although the brothers are used to being together right from time, the reason for this is because of the time and effort the brothers are putting into getting their album done.
The brothers however, will reportedly be moving to their separate houses with their respective wives in the nearest future.
- Oritsefemi, Orezi and Di’Ja storm LASPOTECH for Coke Studio Africa concert.
Things got seriously heated up at the main bowl of the Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH), Ikorodu where Coke Studio Africa in it’s second season, hosted Mavin newcomer Di’Ja, Alhaji Orezi and music Taliban, Oritsefemi in the first and opening leg of it’s university tour series.
Their dazzling performances threw the crowd in a wild frenzy as they chorused to their music hits. There was a vocal challenge and rap battle that allowed the winners perform alongside Orezi and Oritsefemi respectively while other games included a dancing competition, selfie competition and the best RED outfit. Prizes given out ranged from custom earplugs and headphones to mp3 players, mini speakers, T-shirts and of course, ice-cold bottles of Coke! Admission was FREE.
- Illuzion Magazine has released its list of sexiest Africans alive which includes 6 of our very own.
Nollywood’s Genevieve, Tiwa Savage, Flavour N’abania, Burna Boy, Blessing Okagbare and Williams Falade, a UK-based model, were among those on the list.
- Channel O has released its list of nominees for the upcoming Channel O Music Video Awards.
To check out the list, read the full story HERE.