tooXclusive has continued pushing it’s limits, expanding frontiers and securing new territories by driving sheer genius with creativity in order to remain Africa’s leading digital music distribution channel. In like manner, we officially flag off TX Weekly – a new content feature on our platform where we present a weekly digest of trending news, 411s, scoops, deets and all the other what haves about music’s finest celebrities in our ever blossoming entertainment industry.
Be sure to keep visiting tooXclusive.com for MUSIC and more!
- 2face and Wizkid have reportedly been chosen to headline this year’s Hennessy Artistry. Although unconfirmed, 2face and Wizkid were recently pictured with Lilian Unachukwu, boss of Liam Fashion Agency (LFA), the official stylists for the Hennessy Artistry.
- Don Jazzy to collaborate with P-Square. The singing duo has announced on Instagram that Mavin records boss Don Jazzy, will be adding his production skills to their upcoming 6th studio album.
- Unconfirmed reports have it that DB Records boss D’Banj is set to sign a new deal with Warner Music Group. A picture of him in US alongside his label’s music producer and an associate has surfaced online. D’Banj also posted a photo of himself and former Interscope Records C.E.O Jimmy Lovine.
- DJ Jimmy Jatt will be celebrating 25 years in Nigerian music industry on Sunday 17th August at Intercontinental Hotel Lagos. Along with launching his book, Nigeria’s No1 DJ will also release his 2nd album titled “The Industry”.
- Following the release of N-Word remix with South African rapper AKA, Ice Prince has revealed his plans to collaborate with Cameroonian rap king, Stanley Enow on new track.
- Asa has confirmed the release date for her Bed of Stone album. She sent out a tweet on Wednesday announcing 25th of August as the date of release for the 14-track album.
- Dammy Krane was hosted on Wednesday to an evening of live music at Industry Nite in preparation of the launch of his debut album “The Enterkraner” scheduled to be released on August 21st.
- Following his announcement earlier in the year, Gongo Aso crooner 9ice has declared his intentions to contest for a seat in the Federal House of Representatives for Ogbomosho North/Ogbomosho South/Orire Federal Constituency come 2015 when he shared his primary campaign poster on Instagram.
- Contrary to reports, Weird MC has denied her appointment as commissioner for Arts and Culture in Osun State.
- Yaqubu Jubril popularly known as YQ has signed a multi-million naira record deal with Cadilly Entertainment. To sweeten the package, the musician was given a brand new car.
|TX Weekly is your reliable online source for updates within Nigeria’s music industry. We serve you in one delightful dish, a weekly run-down of what’s buzzing in the lives and careers of Naija’s finest music minds.|